It doesn’t matter if you are branding yourself, your business, charity or whatever else you are trying to promote, nothing attracts like a video. If you haven’t yet started a YouTube channel of your own and posted a video or two, here are some things to consider.
- Video is always more attractive~ We live in a hyper-speed world. People don’t want to read long blog articles, but they are curious enough to spend two minutes watching a well made YouTube video. In fact, they’re likely to watch more than one.
- Nothing converts better on your sales page than video ~ People buy what they feel. Forget long sales copy ~a video grabs attention, it’s multi-sensory, and emotive. Best of all it helps build a relationship with your potential client. If you put a sincere 1 to 2 minute video above your sales copy, your prospect will be more likely to be hooked into reading the copy. Some online marketers say video can convert up to 750 percent higher in some cases. If you do it right and feed the impulse in your buyer, they can take action right away with the click of a link.
- Social Media has changed the game ~ Gone are the days of the shotgun strategies, Social media lets you target your market with a better rifle. A fun little video can create more buzz than the thousands spent on traditional advertising. Think about it, in the old days, you place an ad in a sea of newspaper ads hoping someone would see it. Companies spend hundreds of thousands on TV ads hoping people didn’t leave to go to the washroom or press mute. Today, we live in a Justin Beiber world where anyone can be star. If you’ve ever shared the link to a funny ad on YouTube with one of the over 400 million Facebook friends you have, you know social media has totally changed the game with better targeting and incredible reach.
- It’s virtually free publicity ~ Forget spending a fortune in hiring photographers, film crews, studios, editing, and creating ads. Anyone can create buzz about anything from their own laptop. Sure, you can buy expensive software, but there are so many freeware options and sites that let you do creative things with photo’s and video for free there’s really no need. All you need is a little imagination and a little time. NOTE: I only say it’s “virtually free” because if you don’t have a creative bone in your body or time to invest, then you’re better off paying someone else to create it for you. Still, it is free to get it around to the right target to get exposure.
- The future is friendly and MOBILE ~ Already people are giving up their laptops for newer more powerful mobile phones, Blackberry’s and Touch pads. All I have to do is look at my 76-year-young mother who is hell bent on getting a Blackberry to stay connected to facebook. It’s just a small mental step from there (when she discovers the iPad) to know that pretty soon the only way to reach people will be through online video.
So if you haven’t started recording video’s for your business… what are you waiting for? It’s not that complicated and you can start with a simple message. Bar none it’ll be the best investment you’ll ever make in yourself, and your business. You’ll make a lasting impact, exponentially multiply your reach and get the biggest bang for your buck.
Stay tuned~ My next post is about “How to create FREE Publicity for ANY Event in Less Than a Week.”